Website Design Companies – When To Redesign?
We live in a fast paced world and to keep up we need to be willing to change constantly and evolve. Your audience’s first impression of your business is usually based on your website, so redesigning your website with website design companies is an important decision to make. It may mean that additional budget is required, but in the long run the advantages of upgrading your website will outweigh the initial disadvantage. “Redesign” doesn’t mean that you need to change every part of your existing website; it simply means that certain aspects of your website may not be working for you anymore and these need to be changed. This could be a matter of refreshing content or adding new, high quality photos.
We pride ourselves as being one of South Africa’s leading website design companies and so we are continuously improving our own website. We recently updated our website and have put together a few points to consider when deciding whether YOUR website needs to be updated too:
- Often it’s required to update the website look & feel in order to keep visitors feeling as though you’re keeping pace with the industry. If you have a lot of repeat customers and they engage with your website regularly, they may be getting bored with the look of your website.
- If you aren’t getting good results from your current website, it could be time to do a rethink on the effectiveness of its design. Just because your website looks great, doesn’t guarantee conversion rates (visitor-to-lead and lead-to-customer). Perhaps your call-to-actions are not strong enough or your landing pages don’t inspire people to search deeper into your website. If you are not sure how to track these rates then chat to us or look up your nearest website design companies for help.
- Most companies adjust their marketing goals periodically and so it’s a good idea to check that your website is still aligned with your latest marketing campaigns.
- Making sure that your website actually WORKS! This may sound like an obvious point, but it shouldn’t be over-looked. It’s important that users can easily access information such as contact details, business hours and specials, so as not to deter them from using your website. The navigation should also be user-friendly and all products/services must be clearly visible.
- If you do not have a responsive website, you are most likely losing leads as most people now search for information on their mobile devices. This is a recommendation that all website design companies will make.
- If your website is old and you have embedded third-party tools, such as shopping cart widgets, these will no longer be inline with modern standards and trends. This can drive customers away as it may become hard-to-use. Outdated tools will never appeal to your visitors.
- Your website shouldn’t take more than five seconds to load; if it does then this is a sign that it’s time to update. Visitors will become frustrated if your website is taking too long to load and eventually look elsewhere for the information they desire.
Most website design companies recommend that you consider a website redesign every 2-3 years. If you’re unsure whether your website needs to be updated then let us know and we’ll give you our professional opinion.
Also don’t forget to ensure that your social media accounts are linked, to keep people up-to-date on what your company is up to!