Digital Marketing – What Are The Benefits?
It has become quite necessary for a brand to be visible online. This has caused the online space to evolve into a busy hub of information. An effective online presence therefore, now requires more thought and implementation. Digital marketing is needed to get through the ‘noise’ of the online realm, giving your brand the exposure it needs to thrive in the competitive industries of today.
There are many ways of increasing your digital marketing efforts. We are going to have a look at the top three techniques we believe will make a difference to your business.
1.) Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
The goal of search engine optimisation (SEO) is to optimise your website so that search engines such as Google can organically put it ahead of your competition. This requires you to have strong content strategy that revolves around a core set of keyword phrases. A successful SEO campaign will yield a number of advantages for your website:
- Ranking in the top positions on Google can result in significant traffic increases for your website.
- SEO provides trackable and quantifiable results, so there are no questions when it comes to ROI.
- SEO is one of the most cost-effective marketing strategies because it talks directly to your target market.
- Having your website in the top Google positions translates to more exposure for your website and brand alike.
2.) Google Adwords
Google AdWords is paid advertising or pay per click (PPC) on Google. Internet users use keywords (or search terms) to search for specific products and services they need information on. If your selected keywords matches what people search for, your paid ad appears at the top of Google search results. People can then click on your ad to be taken to your website to learn more about your business. There are a number of benefits to including AdWords in your digital marketing campaign:
- Every aspect of your AdWords campaign is measurable, making it easy to gauge your ROI. Having a dedicated team, such as The Web Shack, regularly optimizing your campaigns, will ensure your metrics only get better over time.
- You only pay when someone clicks on your ad – you pay per click, thus you can determine exactly how much you want to spend. Once your campaign performance is optimized you can expect your cost per click to gradually decline over time so that you’ll have an increase in traffic without increasing your costs
3.) Social Media Marketing
Social media is a superstar in the digital marketing game. It not only generates leads but can also boost website traffic, SEO and provides additional platforms to market from. In South Africa the use of social media is growing rapidly. Take a look at the below image showing the latest Social Media Landscape for 2016. (Study published by World Wide Worx and Fuseware)
Social media marketing should not be excluded from your digital marketing strategy as it has the following benefits:
- Creates brand awareness and builds strong relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Establishes an online community which adds to brand credibility as well as allowing you to receive instant feedback on your customers experiences.
- Amplify content from other divisions of your digital marketing and offline marketing strategy.
- Google encourages businesses to get onto social media and, if the accounts are regularly updated, your SEO ranking will improve.
- Consumers respond strongly to the influence of social networks and businesses can generate increased sales of around 5 percent.
By implementing the above methods of digital marketing you should notice a number of benefits to your business. If you require any further assistance, feel free to contact us for more information. We have partnered with industry professionals that can offer you reliable digital marketing solutions.